August 7, 1931|
|Occupation||Television producer, Musical Theatreproduction, Musician|
|Employer||BBC Television, ABC, Jack Good Productions|
|Known for||Shindig!, Six-Five Special, Oh Boy!, Catch My Soul (film), Catch My Soul (musical)|
Jack Good was a pioneer television and music producer who produced the Six-Five Special, Oh Boy!, Wham! and Boy Meets Girls TV series, the first UK teenage music programmes. Jack Good introduced and managed a number of the UK's first rock and roll stars including, Tommy Steele, Marty Wilde, Billy Fury, Jess Conrad and Cliff Richard. He has also worked with The Beatles, when Brian Epstein commissioned Good to produce Around the Beatles, the first major TV showcase for the Beatles and other atists such as Andy Williams.
In the early 1960s he wrote a column for Disc, a weekly UK pop magazine. Good moved to USA and was responsible for the hit show Shindig!.. He has appeared on numerous TV shows such as The Monkees plus Hogan's Heroes and produced the rarely seen television special 33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee starring The Monkees.
He was a musical theatrical producer creating productions such as Good Rockin' Tonite. Oh Boy!, Elvis the musical and Catch My Soul, which was also made into Catch My Soul the film(1974).
Good converted to Roman Catholicism and devoted his time to Christianity and icon painting. His paintings have been exibited at Rancho de Chimayó Gallery alongside painter Antonio Roybal. He lived in New Mexico for many years, but returned to England to live in Oxfordshire.
- ↑ "Jack Good and The Beatles". screenonline.org.uk. http://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/574989/index.html. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- ↑ Mawer, Sharon. "Lord Rockingham's XI". allmusic.com. http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:fifqxqudldfe~T12007. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Jack Good". virgin.net. http://freespace.virgin.net/radio.210_2/jackgood/jackgood.htm. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- ↑ "Good Rockin' Tonite". telia.com. http://web.telia.com/~u42210721/goodrockinprogramme.htm. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 By Steve Walker. "Jack Good "This Is My Story"". rockabilly.nl/Dik de Heer. http://www.rockabilly.nl/references/messages/jack_good.htm. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- ↑ "Elvis the musical". ukonline.co.uk. http://web.ukonline.co.uk/forevershakin/concerts/1977-79ElvisMusical/. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- ↑ "Catch My Soul (the film)". imdb.com. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071289/fullcredits#cast. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- The Restless Generation: How Rock Music Changed the Face of 1950s Britain. Frame, Peter. Rogan House (1 Oct 2007). ISBN 0952954079
- Morley, Sheridan. Green, Donald Edward. Jensen, Donald Edward. Review copies: plays and players in London, 1970-74. Robson Books (1974). Digitized (9 Feb 2007).ISBN 9780903895255