|Region served||Alaska, Canada, & Siberia|
|General Director||Gary Brumbelow|
|Main organ||Board of Directors|
|Affiliations||Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), CrossGlobal Link, Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC), Inter-Mission Cooperative Outreach (IMCO)|
|Budget||$2,760,958 in 2008|
InterAct Ministries is an interdenominational missionary agency that focuses on church planting among indigenous people of eastern Russia, Alaska, and western Canada--an area it calls the "North Pacific Crescent." The international headquarters is located in Boring, Oregon. The ministry employs approximately 135 staff members worldwide.
The organization began in 1951 as Alaska Missions, Inc. In 1956, the name was changed to Arctic Missions in order to better represent the broadening of focus to the western provinces of Canada. In 1988, the name InterAct Ministries was chosen to reflect the fact that much of their work is carried out in areas well south of the Arctic Circle.
InterAct is affiliated with several major evangelical accountability and partnership groups, including Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), CrossGlobal Link, and the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC). Non-profit ministry watchdog group MinistryWatch.com gives the organization a transparency grade of "A" and four out of five stars in financial efficiency.
- ↑ Sharon Linzey (2003). Christianity in Russia and Post-communist Europe. Pasadena: William Carey Library. ISBN 0878085076. Page 224.
- ↑ Paul Bramadat; David Seljak (2008). Christianity and Ethnicity in Canada. Toronto: University of Toronto. ISBN 0802095844. Page 237.
- ↑ http://www.interactministries.org/distinctives.htm
- ↑ http://www.ecfa.org/MemberProfile.aspx?ID=10011
- ↑ http://www.interactministries.org/history.htm
- ↑ http://www.interactministries.org/affiliations.htm
- ↑ http://www.ministrywatch.com/profile/InterAct-Ministries.aspx
- ↑ Frank Fortunato; Carol Brinneman; Paul Neeley (2006). All the World Is Singing. Fort Worth: Authentic. ISBN 1932805818. Page 209.
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|