|Text and laws|
|History and Leadership|
|Culture and Society|
|Islam and other religions|
The Story of HudEdit
Although there is no mention of the amount of time elapsed after Noah in the Qur'an, according to Islamic secular tradition of history (but not from the Quran or Hadith), Hud was born five generations after Nuh (نوح), as was Eber but only according to the Septuagint. In that time, his people had completely forgotten about The Flood that had struck generations past and had begun worshipping idols made of stone. Despite Hud's warnings and admonitions the people persisted in their idolatry (shirk). To punish them, Allah sent a drought. Even after the drought, the people would not relent, so they were destroyed in a large storm from which only Hud and a few believers emerged.
Some Muslims believe that Hud lived for about 150 years and received revelations and prophethood sometime around 2400 BC. The Quran and Muhammad said nothing about the exact amount of years of Hud's lifespan or when exactly he was sent (it mentioned only after Noah). Thus, this debate subject to academic discussion on secular level.
References in the Qur'anEdit
- 'Aad people built their land: 7:69,26:128–129, 26:133–134, 41:15 89:7–8
- Hud's preaching: 7:65–72, 11:50–57,23:32 26:124–127, 26:131–132, 26:135, 46:21–23
- Challenges for Hud's: 7:66–67,11:53–5514:9,26:123,26:136–137 38:12, 46:21, 50:13, 54:18
- Destruction of 'Aad: 7:72, 11:58, 11:89, 23:41, 25:38, 26:139, 29:38, 29:40, 40:31, 41:13, 41:16, 46:24–25, 51:41–42, 53:50, 54:19–20, 69:6–8, 89:6
- Bang, Anne K. (2003). Sufis and scholars of the sea: family networks in East Africa, 1860-1925 (Illustrated ed.). Routledge. ISBN 0415317630, 9780415317634. http://books.google.ca/books?id=aCgzr5jKQEkC&pg=PA220&dq=hud+eber&lr=&as_brr=3#v=onepage&q=hud%20eber&f=false.
az:Hud peyğəmbər bn:হুদ bs:Hud bg:Худ (пророк)dv:ހޫދުގެފާނު fa:هود (پیامبر)id:Hud ku:Hûd hu:Húd ml:ഹൂദ് നബി ms:Nabi Hud a.s.pt:Hud ru:Худ (исламский пророк) sv:Hud (islamisk profet) kab:Hud te:హూద్ tr:Hud (peygamber) ur:ھود علیہ السلام zh:呼德