Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hreiðmarr was the father of Fafnir, Ótr, Lyngheiðr, Lofnheiðr and Regin. He owned a house of glittering gold and flashing gems built by Regin and guarded by Fafnir. After Otr was accidentally killed by Loki, the Æsir repaid Hreiðmarr with Andvari's gold and the cursed ring Andvaranaut, a magical ring that can make gold. Fafnir and Regin later killed Hreiðmarr for the magical ring. Fafnir decided he wanted Andvaranaut for himself, so he turned into a dragon and drove Regin away. Fafnir guards the treasure but until Sigurd arrives and delivers a fatal blow to the dragon. 
- ↑ Volsunga Saga, with Excerpts from the Poetic Edda (translated by William Morris and Eirikr Magnusson)
- ↑ Reginsmál (Heimskringla)
- ↑ The Story Within the Story: Otter's Ransom (Wilfrid Laurier University)
- Byock, Jesse L. (1990) Saga of the Volsungs: The Norse Epic of Sigurd the Dragon Slayer (University of California Press) ISBN 0-520-23285-2
- Orchard, Andy (1997) Dictionary of Norse Myth and Legend ((Cassell & Co) ISBN 0-304-34520-2
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Hreiðmarr. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|