Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article expressess a personal opinion about a religion or a topic related to religion. Please be respectful in your talk page comments, even if you strongly disagree with the opinions expressed here. You can, of course, write another article about the same subject. Different opinions are welcome on Religion Wiki.
|Part of the series Mirianism|
|‘Idtā d-Madniiḥā d-Miryin|
|1||Foundations of Faith|
|*||Discussion on Mirianism|
The Holy Apostolic Confession (Mirian Syriac: ’Awdiy Šliyḥāy Qadiyš) is the affirmation of faith of the Mirian Church. It is grounded in refuge to God the Father, and His son, through the Holy Spirit. With that faith deep in the heart and mind of the worshiper, he/she practices his/her religious activities; these include šbuwqta’ (forgiveness of the debts of others), ṣluwta’ (prayer), ṭawat (fasting), zadaqah (alms), matiyhabnuw (charity), ’awrāh (evangelism), celebrating holidays and memorial days, and providing services to the underprivileged through peace activities. The statement, which includes all these aspects of what it means to be a follower of the Christ, is recited in every prayer time and gathering, and in every morning service on Sabbath days.
The entire English translation of the Holy Apostolic Confession is as follows:
- We affirm in faith that their is but one true God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth,
- And that His first begotten son, Jesus of Nazareth, is both Christ and Lord. This Jesus was conceived through the authority of the Holy Spirit in the house of Zechariah, born of the virgin Mary in Bethlehem, and proclaimed by John the Baptizer in the river Jordan.
- Near the end of his ministry, our Lord Jesus was betrayed by Judas Iscariot, crucified under Pontius Pilate, died, and was buried.
- He descended into Hades, preached to the spirits in prison, and made them alive in the Spirit.
- On the third day after his death, he rose again to life. He ascended into heaven and was seated at the right hand of God the Father, Almighty.
- Thereafter, he came to judge the living and the dead, and henceforth, all dominion is on his shoulders. His name is called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- We affirm our faith in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic and apostolic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the dead, and life unto the ages.
- Therefore, we agree to emulate (maraw) the life and teachings of Christ our Lord so that he may be honored in the sight of all nations, to the glory of God the Father.