Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The community was founded in September 1986 by Hieromonk Kallistos as an English-language dependancy on Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville. It presently holds 16 monks, all converts.
The community consists of men living the monastic tradition of a Christ-centered prayer life for the monastic members. To support the community the monks, by hand, write icons and make soap, incense, icon shelves, prayer desks and other liturgical items.
|Holy Cross Skete|
|Superior||Bishop George of Mayfield, spiritual father|
|Location||Wayne, West Virginia|
|Music used||Russian Chant|
|Feastdays celebrated||14/27 Sep|
|Official website||Official Website|
- 1986 Sep: Holy Cross Hermitage founded by Hieromonk Kallistos in House Springs, Missouri.
- 1992: Hieromonk Kallistos reposes.
- 1999: Brotherhood has doubled in size since founding; all cells are filled. Monastery could not expand due to surrounding city development.
- Summer: Surrounding city development solves its own problem for the monastery, with authorities requiring a major highway to go through the monastery. An alternate piece of land is offered in West Virginia.
- 2000 May 25: Move to Wayne, West Virginia, accomplished.
- 2005: Igumen George, spiritual father of hermitage, elevated to Archimandrite.
- 3:30am: Arise
- 4:00am: Midnight Office, Matins, First Hour, Third Hour, Sixth Hour, Divine Liturgy.
- 7:00am: Quiet time (for prayer rule or spiritual reading)
- 8:00am: Breakfast
- 8:30am: Morning work period
- Noon: Lunch
- 1:30pm: Afternoon work period
- 5:00pm: Ninth Hour, Vespers.
- 5:45pm: Supper
- 6:00pm: Compline