Henry Chadwick (June 23, 1920 - June 17, 2008) was a British Anglican early church historian and theologian. He was a former Dean of Christ Church, Oxford (1969–1979) and served as Regius Professor at both Oxford and Cambridge. Chadwick had a DD from Cambridge and had honorary doctorates from Uppsala, Harvard, Yale and Chicago universities.
|This article is a stub. You can help Religion Wiki by.|
- Rowan Williams, ed. The Making of Orthodoxy: Essays in Honour of Henry Chadwick. Cambridge, 2002.
- Studies on Ancient Christianity. Ashgate, 2006.
- East and West: The Making of a Rift in the Church: From Apostolic Times until the Council of Florence. Oxford History of the Christian Church. Oxford, 2005.
- The Church in Ancient Society: From Galilee to Gregory the Great. Oxford History of the Christian Church. Oxford, 2003.
- Augustine. Very Short Introductions. Oxford, 2001.
- The Early Church. The Penguin History of the Church. Revised ed.; Penguin, 1993.
- Early Christian Thought and the Classical Tradition. Claredon, 1984.
- Origen: Contra Celsum. Cambridge, 1980.
- Augustine, Confessions. Oxford, 1998.
- Gotthold Lessing, Lessing's Theological Writings: Selections in Translation. Stanford, 1954.
- Not Angels But Anglicans: A History of Christianity in the British Isles. Canterbury Press, 2001. Revised, 2008.
- Henry Chadwick, by Rowan Williams
- The Very Rev Professor Henry Chadwick (The Telegraph)
- Henry Chadwick, Scholar of Early Christianity, Dies at 87, by Douglas Martin (The New York Times)
- The Very Rev Professor Henry Chadwick: priest and scholar (The Times)