Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Henry Chadwick (June 23, 1920 - June 17, 2008) was a British Anglican early church historian and theologian. He was a former Dean of Christ Church, Oxford (1969–1979) and served as Regius Professor at both Oxford and Cambridge. Chadwick had a DD from Cambridge and had honorary doctorates from Uppsala, Harvard, Yale and Chicago universities.
|This article is a stub. You can help Religion Wiki by.|
- Rowan Williams, ed. The Making of Orthodoxy: Essays in Honour of Henry Chadwick. Cambridge, 2002.
- Studies on Ancient Christianity. Ashgate, 2006.
- East and West: The Making of a Rift in the Church: From Apostolic Times until the Council of Florence. Oxford History of the Christian Church. Oxford, 2005.
- The Church in Ancient Society: From Galilee to Gregory the Great. Oxford History of the Christian Church. Oxford, 2003.
- Augustine. Very Short Introductions. Oxford, 2001.
- The Early Church. The Penguin History of the Church. Revised ed.; Penguin, 1993.
- Early Christian Thought and the Classical Tradition. Claredon, 1984.
- Origen: Contra Celsum. Cambridge, 1980.
- Augustine, Confessions. Oxford, 1998.
- Gotthold Lessing, Lessing's Theological Writings: Selections in Translation. Stanford, 1954.
- Not Angels But Anglicans: A History of Christianity in the British Isles. Canterbury Press, 2001. Revised, 2008.
- Henry Chadwick, by Rowan Williams
- The Very Rev Professor Henry Chadwick (The Telegraph)
- Henry Chadwick, Scholar of Early Christianity, Dies at 87, by Douglas Martin (The New York Times)
- The Very Rev Professor Henry Chadwick: priest and scholar (The Times)