Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Greek Catholic Church is a term which refers to the Eastern Catholic Churches which follow the Byzantine (Constantinopolitan) liturgical tradition. It can also refer to the Roman Catholic Church in Greece.
List of Greek Catholic Churches
- Albanian Greek Catholic Church (apostolic administration): Albania (1628)
- Belarusian Greek Catholic Church (no established hierarchy at present): Belarus (1596)
- Bulgarian Greek Catholic Church (apostolic exarchate): Bulgaria (1861)
- Croatian Greek Catholic Church or Byzantine Church of the Eparchy of Križevci (an eparchy and an apostolic exarchate): Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia, and Montenegro (1611)
- Greek Byzantine Catholic Church (two apostolic exarchates): Greece, Turkey (1829)
- Hungarian Greek Catholic Church (an eparchy and an apostolic exarchate): Hungary (1646)
- Italo-Albanian Catholic Church (two eparchies and a territorial abbacy): Italy (Never separated)
- Macedonian Greek Catholic Church (an apostolic exarchate): Republic of Macedonia (1918)
- Melkite Greek Catholic Church (patriarchate): Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Jerusalem, Brazil, USA, Canada, Mexico, Iraq, Egypt and Sudan, Kuwait, Australia, Venezuela, Argentina (1726)
- Romanian Church United with Rome, Greek-Catholic (major archiepiscopate): Romania, United States of America (1697)
- Russian Catholic Church: (two apostolic exarchates, at present with no published hierarchs): Russia, China (1905); currently about 20 parishes and communities scattered around the world, including five in Russia itself, answering to bishops of other jurisdictions
- Ruthenian Catholic Church (a sui juris metropolia, an eparchy, and an apostolic exarchate): United States of America, Ukraine, Czech Republic (1646)
- Slovak Greek Catholic Church (a metropolia and three eparchies): Slovak Republic, Canada (1646)
- Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (major archiepiscopate): Ukraine, Poland, USA, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, Germany and Scandinavia, France, Brazil, Argentina (1595)
- Greek Catholic Apostolic Exarchate of Serbia and Montenegro
|This Roman Catholicism-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|