Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Georgiy Shchokin (ukr.: Гео́ргій Васи́льович Що́кін) (born May 27, 1954, in Zaporizzhya is a controversial Ukrainian (of Russian ethnicity) businessman, sociologist, psychologist and a politician noted in particular for his antisemitic and pro-Russian views. He is also the founder and owner of MAUP (a controversial private college, noted for its close ties with David Duke and other Holocaust deniers).
Schokin graduated in 1981 from the Кyiv Pedagogical Institute.
He is the founder and owner of the Interregional Academy of Personnel Management.
Shchokin heads the Ukrainian "Miloserdiye" Foundation. He is a part owner and vice-president of the two vanity presses - International Biographical Centre (UK) and American Biographical Institute that have been described as scam operations.,.
- ↑ Richard Baker (27 August 2004). "Scam of the year a snip at $195". The Age. http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/08/26/1093456749832.html?from=storyrhs. "Consumer Affairs Minister John Lenders has been asked to investigate a scam being run by a group called the American Biographical Institute after it told a Labor MP he would get a decree confirming his nomination as 2004 "man of the year" if he paid $ US 195 ($ A 276) … [Member for Mitcham] Mr Robinson said it was important the people behind the scam be stopped from requesting Australians to send money for a meaningless award… “It is very difficult to retrieve money from scams like this that are run overseas," [Mr. Lenders] said. "This is a scam that is well known to Consumer Affairs Victoria."
- ↑ Parliament of New South Wales (1 March 2005, 6 April 2005). "Peace Prize Scam.". http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/la/qala.nsf/ad22cc96ba50555dca257051007aa5c8/ca25708400173f67ca25704600244af4!OpenDocument.
- ↑ Rajesh Kochhar (16 January 1999). "The Sucker of the Year Award.". The Tribune. http://www.tribuneindia.com/1999/99jan16/saturday/head4.htm.
- ↑ Tim Heald (February 2005). "I have been nominated for an International Peace Prize!". The Heald Report. http://www.timheald.com/TimHeald_new/includes/TH_Reports/TH_report_24.htm.
- Хто є хто в Україні 1997: Біографічний словник. — К., 1997. — С. 302—303.