Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Georges Cottier joined the Dominican Order in 1945 and was ordained priest in 1951. He was a professor at the Universities of Geneva and Fribourg. He became secretary of the International Theological Commission in 1989. He was nominated Pro-Theologian of the Pontifical Household in 1990. He was appointed Titular Archbishop of Tullia in 2003 and consecrated on 20 October 2003.
Barack Obama and abortion
In the run-up to President Barack Obama’s much-anticipated July 10 meeting with Pope Benedict XVI, Cardinal Cottier praised Obama’s “humble realism” and compared the president’s approach to abortion to the thinking of St. Thomas Aquinas and early Christian tradition about framing laws in a pluralistic society. 
Cardinal Cottier has defended the Church's view that the embryo is fully a human being. 
Pius XII's legacy
He has come out in defense of Pope Pius XII against those that continue to criticize his legacy. 
Cottier has been critical of anonymous Christianity, saying that a theological system that absorbs all realities into Christ ends by turning Christ into a kind of metaphysical postulate of the affirmation of human values, which makes the Church incapable of engaging in serious dialogue, even on the level of human rights. And then, saying that everybody is already of Christ, whether they know it or no, can make the mission futile. 
Condoms and HIV
- ↑ Cf. Office of Papal Liturgical Celebrations, Consistory of October 21, 2003: Assignment of the Titles or the Deaconries to the new Cardinals
- ↑ Cf. Holy See Press Office, College of Cardinals, Biographical notes, Cottier Card. Georges Marie Martin, O.P.
- ↑ Former papal theologian praises Obama's 'realism', even on abortion
- ↑ Eucharistic communion implies a communion in its entirety
- ↑ The embryo a already a human being
- ↑ Anachronistic polemic
- ↑ If everything is grace, then grace is no more»
- ↑ Cardinal : condoms can be legitimate
|This article about a Catholic cardinal is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|