Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|From The Báb|
Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
|From Shoghi Effendi|
Javáhiru’l-Asrár (Arabic: جواهر الاسرار) or Gems of Divine Mysteries, is a book by Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith. The treatise was written in reply to a question from Siyyid Yúsuf-i-Sidihí Isfahání who had asked the question of how the promised Mihdí could have been "transformed" (meaning: the return of the Promised One in a different human guise) into the Báb. The work was revealed on the same day as the question had been received.
Bahá'u'lláh himself states that he took "the opportunity provided by" the question "to elaborate on a number of subjects". The Introduction of the published English translation lists some of these topics, some of which are: "rejection of the Prophets of the past," "danger of a literal reading of scripture," "the meaning of the signs and portents of the Bible concerning the advent of the new Manifestation," "the continuity of divine revelation," "intimations of Bahá'u'lláh's approaching declaration," and the significance or meanings of terms such as "Day of Judgement" and "the Resurrection." The Tablet (as Bahá'u'lláh's works are often called) was written during his time in Baghdad (1853-1863) in Arabic, and was only recently translated into English, being published in 2002.
- Bahá'u'lláh (2002). Gems of Divine Mysteries. Haifa, Israel: Bahá'í World Centre. ISBN 0-85398-975-3. http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/GDM/.
- Hatcher, J.S. (1997). The Ocean of His Words: A Reader's Guide to the Art of Bahá'u'lláh. Wilmette, Illinois, USA: Bahá'í Publishing Trust. ISBN 0877432597.
- Taherzadeh, A. (1976). The Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, Volume 1: Baghdad 1853-63. Oxford, UK: George Ronald. ISBN 0853982708.
- Bahá'í World News Service: New volume of Baha'i sacred writings is published
- Compendium on Gems of Divine Mysteries