Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gary Burge is an American New Testament scholar and Professor of New Testament at Wheaton College. Burge earned his MDiv at Fuller Theological Seminary (1978) and a PhD at the University of Aberdeen (1983) where he studied under I. Howard Marshall. He is an expert on the Gospel of John and has recently been writing on issues in the Middle East.
- Jesus, the Middle Eastern Storyteller. Zondervan, 2009.
- With Gene Green and Lynn Cohick, The New Testament in Antiquity: A Survey of the New Testament within Its Cultural Context. Zondervan, 2009.
- John: The Gospel of Life. Zondervan, 2008.
- Whose Land? Whose Promise? What Christians Are Not Being Told About Israel and the Palestinians. Pilgrim's Press, 2003.
- Commentary on the Johannine Epistles. The NIV Application Commentary. Zondervan, 1996; 2000.
- Who Are God's People in the Middle East?. Zondervan, 1993.
- Interpreting the Gospel of John. Guides to New Testament Exegesis. Baker, 1992; 2nd edition, 1998.
- The Anointed Community, The Holy Spirit in the Johannine Tradition. Eerdmans, 1987.