Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fundamentalism is a strong reactionary tendency exhibited by significant minorities within the majority of major religions.
Generally, fundamentalists seek to recapture some sort of supposed ideological "purity," often by reasserting the primacy of ancient religious texts. This puts them at loggerheads with both the secular world and with their more moderate co-religionists.
Fundamentalists of various religions have all or some of the following traits:
- Their rhetoric is often apocalyptic - the end of the world is coming.
- The world become decadent and corrupt.
- Their religion in particular has strayed from the true path and needs to go back to its "original" form.
- Fundamentalists envision themselves as part of a grand cosmic struggle.
- They seize on historical moments and reinterpret them in light of this cosmic struggle.
- They demonize their opposition.
- Fundamentalists are selective in what parts of their tradition and heritage they stress.
- They are led by males.
Fortunately such teaching are often not accepted by the majority. This is especially the case as the world repeatedly does not end on schedule.
|This page uses content from Conservapedia. The original article was at Fundamentalist. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. Conservapedia grants a non-exclusive license for you to use any of its content (other than images) on this site, with or without attribution. Read more about Conservapedia copyrights.|