Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are four flows, roughly stated as:
- Flow 1 inflow (another to self)
- Flow 2 outflow (self to another)
- Flow 3 crossflow (another to others)
- Flow 4 noflow (self to self)
In a process, this would usually be in the form:
- F1: Recall another kissing you
- F2: Recall kissing another
- F3: Recall others kissing others
- F0: Recall kissing yourself
This is fine in theory. In practice, it can get tricky. For instance, some of the flows listed in the grades process checklists of the HCOBs of 14 November 1987, as shown in the Tech Volumes, are wrong.
The first four-flow process of the ARC Straightwire grade is shown as:
- F1: What would you like to confront?
- F2: What would another like to confront?
- F3: What would others like to confront?
- F0: What about yourself would you like to confront?
The Flow 3 and Flow 0 commands are true Flow 3 and Flow 0 commands. But what is stated as Flow 2 is really a Flow 3 command. And is "What would you like to confront?" an inflow or an outflow?
A full Flow 3 command would be, "Recall another kissing another or another kissing others or another kissing him/herself or others kissing another or others kissing others or others kissing themselves." This is a bit of a mouthful. "Recall another or others kissing another or others" would cover all the angles and is not too long to say in session.
The missing command in that confront process is "What about you would another like to confront?" or "What about yourself would another like to confront?"
List of similar flow errors
Similar errors exist in the following, the numbers being the number of the process in the 1987 grade checklist HCOBs. Some of the processes have several parts, each with the same error:
- ARC SW: 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 25
- Grade 0: 23
- Grade 1: 24, 30, 31, 33, 37, 38
- Grade 2: 8, 11, 16, 22, 32
- Grade 3: 1, 3, 7, 13
- Grade 4: 1, 2, 7, 8, 14