No file by this name exists.
History of the main denominational divisions of the Saint Thomas Christians
- 1=Synod of Damper (1599), Coonan Cross Oath (1653) and then onwards the St.Thomas Christians known as two separate groups as Pazhaya Kuttar and Puthiya Kuttar.
- 2=1772 Malabar Independent Syrian Church, then Anjoorians formed by the expulsion of Mar Cyril by Mar Dionysius I from Travancore and Cochin State
- 3= 1876 – Malankara Mar Thoma Church came in to being after the Jacobite Collaboration and brake up with Anglicans.Known as Navikaranakar or Reformed Jacobites unitl the name was adopted.
- 4=1912 Dispute over Patriarchal control.
- 5=1926 Formation of Syro Malankra Catholic Church .
(Reusing this image)
| I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following license:
Appears on these pages
See full list >
Christianity in Asia has its roots in the very inception of Christianity, which originated in...
Christianity is India's third-largest religion, with approximately 24 million followers...
The Coonan Cross Oath was taken in 1653, by a part of Saint Thomas Christians, reacting to the...
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.