Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This work is copyrighted. The individual who uploaded this work and first used it in an article, and subsequent persons who place it into articles assert that this qualifies as fair use of the material under United States copyright law.
Francis_Schaeffer.jpg (200 × 238 pixels, file size: 6 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Promophoto of Francis Schaeffer from this site.
|||This is a copyrighted image that has been released by a company or organization to promote their work or product in the media, such as advertising material or a promotional photo in a press kit.
The copyright for it is most likely owned by the company who created the promotional item or the artist who produced the item in question; you must provide evidence of such ownership. Lack of such evidence is grounds for deletion.
It is believed that the use of some images of promotional material to illustrate:
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other usage of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, might be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:Publicity photos. Additionally, the copyright holder may have granted permission for use in works such as Wikipedia. However, if they have, this permission likely does not fall under a free license.
User:Quadell asserts that the limited use of this copyrighted image in Wikipedia articles directly pertaining to it is a fair use of the image, for the following reasons:
- It depicts a deceased person. Therefore no new images of the subject can be created.
- No free-license alternatives are available that convey the same information.
- The image is no larger, and of no higher quality, than required for its use in articles.
- It is used in Wikipedia only for educational purposes and is not used for profit.
- Its use on Wikipedia does not compete with the copyright holder.
- Its use on Wikipedia is not expected to decrease the value of the copyright to its holder.
Appears on these pages
Francis A. Schaeffer (1912-1984) is most famous for his writing and his establishment of the...