The Fifth Ecumenical Council took place in Constantinople in 553 AD, and is also known as the Second Council of Constantinople.
The fifth of the seven Ecumenical Councils dealt with the following:
- Reinterpreting the Chalcedonian decrees from an Alexandrian point of view
- Explaining more constructively the two natures of Christ and how they form a single Person
- The Orthodox Church, Bishop Kallistos (Ware) of Diokleia
External Links Edit
- Canons of the seven ecumenical councils
- Commemoration of the Holy 165 Fathers of the Fifth Ecumenical Council – OCA website.ar:المجمع المسكوني الخامس