Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Fifth Ecumenical Council took place in Constantinople in 553 AD, and is also known as the Second Council of Constantinople.
The fifth of the seven Ecumenical Councils dealt with the following:
- Reinterpreting the Chalcedonian decrees from an Alexandrian point of view
- Explaining more constructively the two natures of Christ and how they form a single Person
- The Orthodox Church, Bishop Kallistos (Ware) of Diokleia
- Canons of the seven ecumenical councils
- Commemoration of the Holy 165 Fathers of the Fifth Ecumenical Council – OCA website.ar:المجمع المسكوني الخامس