Expository preaching is a kind of preaching that expounds upon the meaning of a particular text or passage of Scripture.
"One defining characteristic of expository preaching is that it does not dwell on non-biblical examples. It does not focus on stories, jokes and anecdotes. Instead, it seeks to stay focused on the text in question." -Tim Challies 
- "One advantage in preaching through a book of the Bible… is that it compels us to face every single statement, come what may, and stand before it, and look at it, and allow it to speak to us. Indeed it is interesting to observe that not infrequently certain well-known Bible teachers never face certain Epistles at all in their expositions because there are difficulties which they are resolved to avoid." -Martyn Lloyd Jones
- Rediscovering Expository Preaching, by John MacArthur (ISBN-10: 0849909082; ISBN-13: 978-0849909085)
- Preparing Expository Sermons: A Seven-Step Method for Biblical Preaching, by Ramesh Richard (ISBN-10: 0801091195; ISBN-13: 978-0801091193)
- Christ Centered Preaching: Redeeming the Expository Sermon by Bryan Chapell (ISBN-10: 0801027985; ISBN-13: 978-0801027987)
- Famine in the Land, by Steven J. Lawson (ISBN-10: 0802411215; ISBN-13: 978-0802411211)
- Biblical Preaching: The Development and Delivery of Expository Messages, by Haddon W. Robinson (ISBN-10: 0801022622; ISBN-13: 978-0801022623)
- Power in the Pulpit: How to Prepare and Deliver Expository Sermons by Jerry Vines and James Shaddix (ISBN-10: 0802477402; ISBN-13: 978-0802477408)
- Expository Preaching, by Richard D. Phillips
- Expository Preaching, by Tim Challies
- Preaching as Worship: Meditations on Expository Exultation (PDF), by John Piper
- The Relationship Between Exegesis and Expository Preaching (PDF), by Robert L. Thomas
- Must Expository Preaching Always Be Book Studies? (PDF), by Irvin A. Busenitz
- The Mandate of Biblical Inerrancy: Expository Preaching (PDF), by John MacArthur
- Bible Translations: The Link Between Exegesis and Expository Preaching (PDF), by Robert L. Thomas
- Rediscovering Expository Preaching (PDF), by Richard L. Mayhue
- The History of Expository Preaching (PDF), by James F. Stitzinger
- The Expository Sermon - Cultural or Biblical? (PDF), by Robert A. Allen
- Preaching is the heart of worship, by Al Mohler - "Expository preaching is central, irreducible, and nonnegotiable to the Bible's mission of authentic worship that pleases God."
- The Use of Multimedia in Expository Preaching (PDF), by Kevin A. Purcell
- How do I preach expositional sermons to uneducated hearers?, by Phil A. Newton
- Don't Preach Like Jesus? Questioning Dr. Albert Mohler's Article - "That Jesus himself only taught by telling stories (narrative preaching)."