Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Etsi Nos (On Conditions in Italy) was a Papal Encyclical promulgated by Pope Leo XIII in 1882 complaining about the way in which post-unification Italy denigrated the role of the Church, which it blamed primarily on Freemasonry.
- Papal Documents relating to Freemasonry
- Christianity and Freemasonry
- Catholicism and Freemasonry
- Clarification concerning status of Catholics becoming Freemasons
- ↑ "If ever these perils were menacing in Italy they are surely so now, at a time when the condition of the Civil State itself disastrously imperils the freedom of religion." Paragraph 1, Etsi Nos (On Conditions in Italy)
- ↑ "It is even reported that this year it is about to receive the deputies and leaders of the sect which is most embittered against Catholicism, who have appointed this city as the place for their solemn meeting. The reasons which have determined their choice of such a meeting place are no secret; they desire by this outrageous provocation to glut the hatred which they nourish against the Church, and to bring their incendiary torches within reach of the Roman Pontificate by attacking it in its very seat." Paragraph 3, Etsi Nos (On Conditions in Italy)
|This Roman Catholicism-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This Freemasonry-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|