Dr. Doug Jesseph is a professor of philosophy at North Carolina State University. Doug Jesseph received his Ph.D. in Philosophy from Princeton University in 1987, after gaining a B.A. Mathematics and Philosophy from Macalester College in 1981.
In respect to atheism, Dr. Doug Jesseph has been described as "the most impressive debater to date" by Jeffery Jay Lowder, a founder of the pro-atheism website Internet Infidels. However, in a 1996 debate with William Lane Craig, Doug Jesseph claimed that the origin of life had a detailed atheistic explanation(s). This confidence was not shared by the highly respected origin of life researcher Stanley Miller. Indeed, in 1996, John Horgan wrote that "Miller seemed unimpressed with any of the current proposals on the origin of life, referring to them as “nonsense” or “paper chemistry.”" In a 1996 edition of Scientific American, Horgan went on to say: "The origin of life is a science writer's dream. It abounds with exotic scientists and exotic theories, which are never entirely abandoned or accepted, but merely go in and out of fashion."
- Dr. Doug Jesseph's website at North Carolina State University
- A transcript of the oral debate which was held in 1996 at North Carolina State University between atheist philosopher Dr. Doug Jesseph and Christian philosopher William Lane Craig
- ↑ http://www4.ncsu.edu/~dmjphi/Main/JessephCV.pdf
- ↑ http://www.infidels.org/infidels/newsletter/1997/october.html
- ↑ http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/doug_jesseph/jesseph-craig/jesseph1.html
- ↑ http://www.trueorigin.org/abio.asp
- ↑ http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/orignl01.html#orgnflfmjrprblmschcknndgg