The fifth day of December.
- 633: Fourth Council of Toledo takes place.
- 1484: Pope Innocent VIII issues the Summis desiderantes, a papal bull that deputizes Heinrich Kramer and James Sprenger as inquisitors to root out alleged witchcraft in Germany, and leads to one of the severest witch hunts in European history.
- 1496: King Manuel I of Portugal issues a decree of expulsion of "heretics" from the country.
- 1590: Niccolò Sfondrati elected Pope Gregory XIV.
- 1979: Sonia Johnson is formally excommunicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for her outspoken criticism of the church concerning the proposed Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- 1443: Pope Julius II (d. 1513)
- 1539: Fausto Paolo Sozzini, Italian theologian (d. 1604)
- 749: - Saint John of Damascus, theologian
- Fourth day of Advent (Western tradition) in 2007.
- Saint Abercius
- Saint Sabas
|This page uses content from Wikia's Christian Knowledge Base Wiki. The original article was at December 5. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of the Christian Knowledge Base Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA.|