The twentieth day of December.
- 69: Vespasian, a former general under Nero, enters Rome to claim the title of emperor. Vespasian's son Titus continues the seige on Jerusalem.
- 1192: Richard the Lion-Heart is captured and imprisoned by Leopold V of Austria on his way home to England after signing a treaty with Saladin ending the crusade.
- 1522: Suleiman the Magnificent accepts the surrender of the surviving Knights of Rhodes, who are allowed to evacuate. They eventually settle on Malta and become known as the Knights of Malta.
- 2005: US District Court Judge John E. Jones III rules against mandating the teaching of "intelligent design" in his ruling of Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District.
- 217: Pope Zephyrinus
- Dominic of Silos
- O Clavis David (O key of David)
- Ursicinus of Saint-Ursanne
|This page uses content from Wikia's Christian Knowledge Base Wiki. The original article was at December 20. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of the Christian Knowledge Base Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA.|