Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
According to the Vishnu Purana (IV.XIV.40), he was son of Vriddhasharman and Shrutadeva, who was Kunti's sister. Viduratha was his brother. Shishupala was his cousin from maternal side. He was an ally of Jarasandha, Kamsa, Salva and Paundraka, and an enemy of Vasudeva Krishna.
At MBh 2:30 he is mentioned as the king of the Adhirajas. Pandava general Sahadeva defeated him, making him pay tribute, he then was re-installed on his throne. He attacks Krishna who was on his way to Dwaraka after the Rajasuya sacrifice (which Dantavakra had not attended, to protest the killing of Jarasandha) to avenge Shishupala, and his friend Salva — and he was killed by Krishna in a mace-duel. His brother, Viduratha also dies in the same battle.
- ↑ Pargiter, F.E. (1972) . Ancient Indian Historical Tradition, Delhi: Motilal Banarsidass, pp.118-9.
- ↑ http://veda.sattvicspirit.org/bhagavatam-chapter-10-78
- ↑ http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/associates/demons/dwarka/dantavakra.htm
- ↑ Law, B.C. (1973). Tribes in Ancient India, Bhandarkar Oriental Series No.4, Poona: Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, pp.87-9
- ↑ http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/associates/demons/dwarka/salva.htm
- ↑ http://www.kasarabada.org/bhagavatam%2080.html
- ↑ https://old.prabhupadavani.org/Bhagavatam/10th_Canto/78.html
|This Creative Commons Licensed page uses content from Wikipedia (view authors). The text of Wikipedia is available under the license Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported (ToU).|