Donald Arthur Carson (b. 1946) is an evangelical New Testament scholar and is currently Research Professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. Carson has a B.S. in Chemistry from McGill University, a M.Div. from Central Baptist Seminary in Toronto, and a PhD in New Testament from Cambridge University.
Carson is a respected exegete and has written or edited more than forty-five books, including commentaries on books of the Bible, the Sermon on the Mount, the Gospel of John, and books on prayer and suffering. His book, The Gagging of God: Christianity Confronts Pluralism (1996), won the 1997 Evangelical Christian Publishers Association Gold Medallion Book Award in the category of "theology and doctrine." He has also written books on free will and predestination from a generally compatibilist and Calvinist perspective. His book, Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and Its Implications (2005) is an important book in the Emerging church discussion.
- Carson on Trinity's faculty page
- Biography on D.A. Carson (PDF), by Andreas Kostenberger, a former student and colleague
- D. A. Carson at TheGospelCoalition.org
- D. A. Carson Bibliography - Includes many free PDFS of his articles and books
- Free sermons and lectures of Carson from around the Web