Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cyril IX Moghabghab|
|Patriarch of Antioch|
|Church||Melkite Greek Catholic Church|
|See||Patriarch of Antioch|
|Enthroned||8 December 1925|
|Reign ended||8 September 1947|
|Predecessor||Demetrius I Qadi|
|Successor||Maximos IV Sayegh|
29 October 1855|
Ain Zhalta, Lebanon
8 September 1947|
Cyril IX Moghabghab (October 29, 1855 - September 8, 1947) served as Patriarch of the Melkite Greek Catholic Church from 1925 to 1947.
Patriarch Cyril born in Ain Zhalta, Lebanon on October 29, 1855. He was ordained a priest on March 27, 1883. Later, on April 23, 1899 he was appointed bishop of Zahle, Lebanon, and consecrated bishop on May 28 of the same year by patriarch Peter IV Geraigiry. He was one of the first Melkite bishops to visit the Americas when, in 1904, he came to Brazil. He succeeded Demetrius I Qadi as patriarch of the Melkite Greek Catholic Church on December 8, 1925. He also served as the spiritual protector of international ecumenical Military and Hospitaller Order of St. Lazarus of Jerusalem.
Patriarch Cyril died on September 8, 1947 and was succeeded by Maximos IV Sayegh.
- ↑ David M. Cheney. "Archbishop Cyril IX Mogabgab". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/bishop/bmoga.html. Retrieved 2009-01-15.
- Melkite Greek Catholic Patriarchate of Antioch, Alexandria and Jerusalem
- L'Église Melkite/The Melkite Church.
- Melkite Catholic Web Ring.
- Official Website of the Melkite Church in the US.
- Extensive history of the Melkite Church
- Melkite Ambassadors Young Adult Website.
|This article about an individual bishop is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|