Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi|
|Priest and Monk|
|Born||September, 1903, Aguleri, Anambra, Nigeria|
|Died||January 20, 1964, Leicester, England|
|Venerated in||Roman Catholic Church|
|Beatified||March 22, 1998 by Pope John Paul II|
Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi (born in Aguleri, Anambra State, Nigeria in September 1903 – died in Leicester, England, January 24, 1964) was a Igbo Nigerian ordained a Roman Catholic priest of the Archdiocese of Onitsha, Nigeria on December 19, 1937. He worked in the parishes of Nnewi, Dunukofia, Akpu/Ajalli and Aguleri.
He was later a Cistercian Monk at Mount Saint Bernard Monastery in England. He was beatified by Pope John Paul II on March 22, 1998, who said "Blessed Cyprian Michael Tansi is a prime example of the fruits of holiness which have grown and matured in the Church in Nigeria since the Gospel was first preached in this land. He received the gift of faith through the efforts of the missionaries, and taking the Christian way of life as his own he made it truly African and Nigerian." 
- ↑ Entirely for God: the life of Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi, p. 37, Elizabeth Isichei (Cistercian Publications, 1980)
- ↑ God's Invisible Hand: The Life and Work of Francis Cardinal Arinze, an Interview with Gerard O'Connell, p. 111 (Ignatius Press, 2006) ISBN 978-1-58617-135-3
- ↑ Homily at the Mass for the Beatification of Father Cyprian Tansi, Pope John Paul II
- Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi of Nigeria
- Publications on Blessed Iwene Tansi
- Early historyTemplate:Nigeria-bio-stub
|This article about a Catholic bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|