Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Italian Episcopal Conference is the episcopal conference of the Italian bishops of the Catholic Church and as such is the official assembly of all the bishops in Italy. The conference was founded in 1971 and carries out certain tasks as well as having authority assigned to setting the liturgical norms for the Mass. Episcopal conferences receive their authority under universal law or particular mandates. Its president as of 2007[update] is Angelo Bagnasco since his appointment by Pope Benedict XVI on 7 March 2007.
List of Presidents of the Italian Episcopal Conference
- Ildefonso Cardinal Schuster (1952–1953)
- Adeodato Cardinal Piazza (1953–1954)
- Maurilio Cardinal Fossati (1954–1958)
- Giuseppe Cardinal Siri (1959–1965)
- A temporary committee of cardinals with collective presidency: Giovanni Cardinal Colombo, Ermenegildo Cardinal Florit, Giovanni Cardinal Urbani (1965–1966)
- Giovanni Cardinal Urbani (1966–1969)
- Antonio Cardinal Poma (1969–1979)
- Anastasio Cardinal Ballestrero (1979–1985)
- Ugo Cardinal Poletti (1985–1991)
- Camillo Cardinal Ruini (1991–2007)
- Angelo Cardinal Bagnasco (2007–present)
Secretaries-General of the Italian Episcopal Conference
The official that deals with the day to day affairs of the Conference is the Secretary-General.