Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
History of the collective
- 1989 — created the choir of the Moscow Central Synagogue
- 1990 — the debut of the choir
- 1991—1994 — concert tour in Israel, USA, France, Canada, UK, Poland, etc.
- 1995—1996 — the choir is divided, one part remained in Moscow, another one went to Miami
- 1997 — the choir participated in the concert tour of Kobzon around 100 Russian towns
- 1998—1999 — concert tour of the choir in CIS cities, new foreign concert tours
- 2000—2001 — concert tour with Kobzon in Israel, concert tours in USA, Australia, Germany, and Israel
- 2002 — Michael Turetsky awarded the title Honoured Artist of Russian Federation
- 2002—2003 — new concert tours in USA and Germany
- 2004, January — concert "10 Voices that amazed the World" in Central Concert Hall "Russia" in Moscow (ru: ГЦКЗ "Россия")
- 2004, November — concert "When the men sing" in Israel (Haifa - Video recording)
- 2004, December - concert "When the men sing" In the Kremlin Palace of Congresses with Emma Chapplin and Gloria Gaynor
- 2005, January — concert tour around the US with program "When the men sing" (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlantic City, Boston and Chicago).
- 2005—2006 — concert tour with performance "Born to Sing" around Russia
- 2006-2007 - concert tour with performance "Music of all timeses and folks" around Russia
- 2008 - concert tour with performance "Hallelujah to love" around Russia
- 2008-2009 - concert tour with performance "And the Show goes on..." around Russia
|Soloist||Started to sing in the choir|
| Michael Turetsky — the conductor, arts director and the creator of the choir
He has graduated from the Sveshnikov and the Gnessin Institute. He was the director of the children choir and the choir of the Yuri Sherling theater. From 1990 he is the organizer, conductor and art-project director (choirmaster) of the male choir of the Moscow Synagogue. Now it is well known as the Choir of Michael Turetsky (Turetsky's Choir). In 1993 the American Music Art Association awarded Michael Turetsky with the "Golden Crown" order as the best cantor.
| Alex Aleksandrov — dramatic baritone
He has graduated from the Choral Singing College named after Sveshnikov and the Gnessin Institute in 1995. He is also responsible for choreography. He copies perfectly the voices of other pop stars like Toto Cutugno and Boris Moiseev.
|Evgeny Koulmis, director of the choir — bass-profondo.
He started as a pianist. He graduated from the Gnessin Institute as a specialist in Musicology, then was a postgraduate. His voice is an extraordinary very low voice, much lower, than an ordinarry bass.
|Evgeny Tulinov — assistant of art-director, dramatic tenor
He graduated from the Music College at Moscow Conservatory and from the Gnessin Institute. He is professional choir conductor, the possessor of very beautiful opera tenor voice
|Mikhail Kuznetsov — tenor altino
He graduated from the Gnessin Institute. Then he sang in the Moscow Chamber Choir conducted by Vladimir Minin. He possesses very rare natural voice — tenor-altino. He can sing both, male and female arias.
|Artur Keish — arranger and tenor
He graduated from the Gnessin Institute. He is the possessor of opera or jazz tenor voice. On October 10, 2007 it was announced that he was replaced by Konstantin Kabo (Kabanov) 
|1994. Left the choir in October 2007.|
| High Holidays (Jewish religious songs)
| Star Duets (ru:Звёздные дуэты)
| Une vie d’amour (ru:Такая великая любовь)
|When the Men Sing (ru:Когда поют мужчины) (Concert in Haifa, DVD, 2004)|
|When the Men Sing (Concert in Moscow, DVD, 2004)
| Born to Sing (ru:Рожденные петь)
- Official site
- RJC-SPONSORED PROJECTS: MOSCOW JEWISH CHAMBER CHOIR
- Article about the choir in "Ogonyok" magazine ru: ТУРЕЦКИЙ НА МАРШЕ
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Choirs|