Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Chanokh Heynekh HaKohen Levin|
|Rebbe Reb Heynekh of Aleksander|
|Term||June, 1866 – 21 March 1870|
|Full name||Chanokh Heynekh Lewin|
|Main work||Chashovoh leToivo|
|Died||21 March, 1870|
|Predecessor||Yitschok Myer Alter|
|Successor||Yehudah Aryeh Leib Alter|
|Father||Pinchas Lewin (1765 Lutomiersk - 1837 Lutomiersk)|
|Mother||Soro Chano Szatan (about 1779 Kalisz - 22 April 1863 Przasnysz)|
|Wife1||Chana Hentshe Feyge Pachter of Przysucha|
|Issue1|| * Yechiel Efraim Fishel (1822 Przysucha - 1894 Ruda Maleniecka)|
* Bracha Szyfra Miryam (bef 1820 Przysucha - 1886 Lodz)
* Chaya Tsipora (bef 1822 Przysucha - ?)
|Wife 2||Chaia Basia (dau. of Rabbi Yehoshua Usher Rabinowicz of Parysow d. Przasnysz, 27 Feb 1864)|
Chanokh Heynekh HaKohen Levin (1798 – March 21, 1870) of Aleksander served as the rebbe of a community of thousands of Hasidim during the "interregnum" between the Chidushei HaRim of Ger and the Sfas Emes.
Chanokh Heynekh was one of the leading students of the Rebbe Reb Simcha Bunim of Prshischa. After the latter's death he became one of the most prominent followers of Rebbe Menachem Mendel of Kotzk and the senior disciple of Chidushei hoRim. Following the death of the Chidushei hoRim in 1866, the bulk of his numerous chasidim chose Rabbi Chanokh Heynekh as the next rebbe.
Chanokh Heynekh served as the Rabbi in the Jewish communities of Aleksander from 1837 (or earlier) till 1853, Nowy Dwór from 1853 to 1859, and Przasnysz from 1859 to 1864 (or 1866). After his tenure In Przasnysz he retired from the rabbinate and settled in Aleksander, where he lived during his period of leadership as rebbe.
- ↑ The State Archive of Warszawa Record Pultusk Branch: "Jewish Civil Registry of Przasnysz ", 1864, Akt#: 9, Registration Date: Feb 28,1864, Location: Przasnysz, Death Date: Feb 27,1864, Surname: Lewin, Given Name: Chaia Basia, Maiden Name: Rabinowicz, Age 46, Father: Uszer, Mother: Laja, Husband: Henoch Lewin,Rabin (Rabbi) and daughter Elka Hudes Walberg.
- ↑ The State Archive in Lodz /Archiwum Państwowe w Łodzi: "Jewish Civil Registry of Aleksandrow Lodzki", 1870, death (AKT)#10, Age: 76, marital status: widower, date: March 21
- ↑ Menashe Shif, צדיקי עולם Everlasting Saints pp 27-35 Ashdod (2004)
- ↑ Yartzeits in Shvat
- ↑ Yehuda Leyb Levin (1980). בית קוצק Bais Kotsk (The House of Kotsk). Jerusalem, Israel: Rim Levin Institute. OCLC 24068091.
- ↑ Aryeh Smari; Dov Berish First (1965). Pinkas Nowy Dwor Mazowiecki (Yizkor Book). Tel Aviv: Former Residents of Nowy-Dwor in Israel, USA, Argentina. pp. 36–37. OCLC 123248186. http://yizkor.nypl.org/index.php?id=2938.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Shlomo Bachrach (1974). Sefer zikaron kehilat Proshnits (Yizkor Book). Tel Aviv: Proshnitz Society. pp. 128–130. OCLC 40705034. http://yizkor.nypl.org/index.php?id=2531.
- ↑ Chanoch Henoch Hakohen Levine (1929). Chashava Letova חשבה לטובה. Piotrków Trybunalski, Poland: A. Levine and N. Alter. OCLC 122775698.
- ↑ Chasidic insights
- ↑ Chasidic insights
- Rav-SIG Index of names
- Yehuda Leyb, Geza Pe-eir (includes biographical notes on Chanokh Heynekh)
- Prushnits Yizkor Book
Yitzchok Myer Alter
|Rebbe of 'Gerrer chasidim'|
| Succeeded by|
Yehudah Aryeh Leib Alter
|This Hasidic Judaism article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|