|Part of a series on|
- Ek Onkar: There is only one God who is the Creator, Cherisher and Destroyer. God's presence is all around us and within us. By reciting Bani one begins to "connect" with God.
- Simran and Sewa: These are the Foundations of Sikhism. It is the duty of every Sikh to practise Naam Simran daily - the reciting and chanting of God’s Name to "connect" to God and remain aware and awake to His presence everywhere and in everyone. Also to engage in Sewa at all times - to help and offer "free" service to anyone in need; to serve in Gurdwara; in community centre; old people's homes; care centres; major world disasters, in other situation, etc
- Kirat Karni: - To live honestly and earn by ones physical and mental effort while accepting Gods gifts and blessings. A Sikh has to live as a householders carrying out his or her duties and responsibilities to the full.
- Kill the Five Thieves: The Sikh Gurus tell us that our mind and spirit are constantly being attacked by the Five Evils – Kam (Lust), Krodh (Rage), Lobh (Greed), Moh (Attachment) and Ahankar (Ego). A Sikh needs to constantly attack and overcome these five vices; be always vigilant and on guard to tackle these five thieves at all times!
- Positive Human Qualities: The Sikh Gurus taught the Sikhs to develop and harness positive human qualities which lead the soul closer to God and away from evil. These are: Sat (Truth); Daya (Compassion); Santokh (Contenment); Nimrata (Humility); and Pyare (Love).
- Sikh Beliefs - Brief outline of Sikh beliefs
- Basic Tenets of Sikhism: - A Summary of the most Important Beliefs and Tenets of Sikhism.
Further readingand at category: Message of Gurbani
Guru Granth Sahib ..
Message of Gurbani
- An Introduction to Sikh Belief
- Important values of Sikhi
- Sikh Women
- Equality of women
- Sikh Beliefs
- Sikh Religious Philosophy
- Introduction to Sikhism
- Sikh Pages
“Guru Granth Sahib or Adi Sri Granth Sahib Ji, is more than just a scripture of the Sikhs. The...Guru Granth Sahib
“Ek Onkar is the symbol that represents the "One Supreme Reality" or "One God." This fundamental...Ek Onkar
“According to the Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhi, the purpose of life or the goal of this human...Purpose of life
“Kalyug is the fourth and final era in the spiritual evolution of man. This is also referred to...Kalyug
“Sikhism, the youngest of the world religions, is barely five hundred years old. Its founder...Summary of Sikhism
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Sikh belief"
The following 148 pages are in this category, out of 148 total.