- Note: A Hasidic dynasty usually has some or all of the following characteristics:
- It was originally founded by an outstanding spiritual leader, often known as an ADMOR (abbreviation for ADoneinu MOreinu Rabeinu ("our master, our teacher and our rabbi") or simply as Rebbe (or "the Rebbe") and at times called "The Ruv" ("the rabbi") and sometimes referred to in English as a "Grand Rabbi";
- It usually continues beyond the initial leader's lifetime by succession (usually by a selected member or family descendant);
- It is usually named after a key town in Eastern Europe where the founder may have been born or lived, or where the group began to grow and flourish;
- It has had (or once had) followers who, through time, continue following successive leaders (rebbes) or may even continue as a group without one leader by following the precepts of a deceased leader.yi:קאַטעגאָריע:חסידישע הויפן
“The Biala (or Byala, Biale) Hasidic dynasty originated from Poland. The Rebbes of Biala are...Biala (Hasidic dynasty)
“Hasidic Philosophy or Hasidus (Hebrew: חסידות, alternatively transliterated as Hassidism...Hasidic philosophy
“Ashlag is the name of a Hasidic dynasty founded by Rebbe Yehuda Leib Haleivi Ashlag from Warsaw...Ashlag (Hasidic dynasty)
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Hasidic dynasties"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.