- Gautama Buddha, founder of Buddhism, clan name Gautama (Sanskrit; Pali: Gotama), personal name said to be Siddhārtha (Sanskrit; Pali: Siddhattha), epithet Śākyamuni (Sanskrit; Pali: Sakyamuni or Shakyamuni), commonly known as "The Buddha"
- The Buddhist concept of Buddhahood
- The Buddhist concept of Buddha-nature
- Buddharupa, a statue or other representation of a Buddha
Other figures considered to be Buddhas by various Buddhist groups include:
- Amitābha, principal Buddha of Pure Land sect
- Vairocana, embodiment of Dharmakaya
- Dipankara, First Buddha of the current world age
- Adi-Buddha, the primordial Buddha
For other possible figures referred to by the term Buddha see the list of Buddhas
- Budai, a figure in traditional Chinese culture.
- Budha, the planet Mercury in Hindu mythology
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Buddha (disambiguation). The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|