The title takes its name after the town of Reading in Berkshire. The Bishop of Reading is responsible for the archdeaconry of Berkshire. In 2003, the Reverend Dr Jeffrey John was originally appointed to succeeded the previous incumbent, but withdrew after controversy about his homosexuality.
List of the Bishops of Reading
|1||James Leslie Randall||1889||1909|
|2||Arthur Groom Parham||1942||1954|
|3||Eric Henry Knell||1954||1972|
|5||Ronald Graham Gregory Foley||1982||1989|
|6||John Frank Ewan Bone||1989||1997|
|7||Dominic Walker||1997||2003||Also known as Edward William Murray Walker. Translated to Monmouth.|
|8||Stephen Geoffrey Cottrell ||2004||present|
- ↑ Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 (100th edition), Church House Publishing (ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Suffragan See of Reading - 2003. Retrieved on 9 June 2008.
- ↑ Gay priest rejects bishop post. BBC News, Sunday, 6 July 2003.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Suffragan See of Reading - 2004. Retrieved on 9 June 2008.
- ↑ Biography: Dominic Walker. Retrieved on 9 June 2008.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory - Listings
- Some or all of this article is forked from Wikipedia. The original article was at Bishop of Reading. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.