The Bishop of Grahamstown is the bishop of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa in the Diocese of Grahamstown, which encompasses the area around Grahamstown, South Africa and is located in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. The seat of the Bishop is St. Michael and St. George Cathedral.
List of Previous Bishops
- John Armstrong, D.D. 1853-1856
- Henry Cotterill, D.D. 1856-1871 (Later Bishop of Edinburgh)
- Nathaniel James Merriman, D.D. 1871-1882
- Alan Becher Webb, D.D. 1883-1898 (Later Dean of Salisbury, England)
- Charles Edward Cornish, D.D.1899-1915
- Francis Robinson Phelps, D.D. 1915-1931 (Later Bishop of Cape Town)
- Archibald Howard Cullen, M.A. 1931-1959
- Robert Selby Taylor, M.A., D.D. 1959-1964 (Later Bishop of Cape Town)
- Gordon Leslie Tindall, B.A. 1964-1969
- Bill Bendyshe Burnett, M.A. L.Th. 1969-1974 (Later Bishop of Cape Town)
- Kenneth Cyril Oram, B.A., A.K.C. 1974-1987 (Later Ass't Bishop of Lichfield)
- David Patrick Hamilton Russell, M.A., Ph.D. 1987-2004
- Eric Pike (Suffragan) P.T.C., Dlp.Th. 1989-1993 (Later Bishop of Port Elizabeth)
- Anthony Mdletshe (Suffragan) L.Th., M.Div. 1993-2007 (Later Bishop of Zululand)
- Thabo Makgoba 2004-2007
The current Bishop of Grahamstown, is Ebenezer St Mark Ntlali, who has been Bishop of the Diocese since 2007.
Thabo Makgoba 2004-2007
|Anglican Bishop of Grahamstown Ebenezer St Mark Ntlali|
| Succeeded by|
- MS 16 713 Bishop Cotterill's Letterbook, Cory Library, Rhodes University
- "Synods" : the Bishop of Grahamstown and the colonial church / [H. Grahamstown] [i.e. Henry Cotterill]. Halifax, N.S. : J. Bowes, 1868.