Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bhai Paira (d. 1634), a Chandalia Banjara, took initiation at the hands of Guru Arjan. Bhai Paira served with diligence and devotion during the digging of the sacred pool at Amritsar. He was one of the five Sikhs who accompanied Guru Arjan during his last journey to Lahore. According to Gurbilas Chhevin Patshahi, he displayed soldierly skills in the service of Guru Hargobind when he had command of 100 horsemen.
Bhai Paira was with Guru Hargobind forces when he visited Kashmir in 1620. He fell fighting in the battle of Amritsar, according to the Bhatt Vahis, in 1634.
1. Mani Singh, Bhai, Sikhdn di Bhagat Maid. Amritsar, 1955
2. Santokh Singh, Bhai, Sri Gur Pratdp Suraj Granth. Amritsar, 1927-35
3. Sohan Kavi, Gurbilds Chhevin Pdtshdhi. Amritsar, 1968
4. Gian Singh, Giani, Twdnkh Guru Khalsd [Reprint], Patiala. 1970
5. Macauliffe, Max Arthur., The Sikh Religion. Oxford, 1909 --Allenwalla 02:24, 19 September 2008 (UTC)