Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Location|| 600 Camden Avenue,|
|Leadership||Rabbi: H. Richard White|
Founded in 1925, it was organized by I.L. Benjamin upon the death of his father, and originally called Kahelas Israel Congregation. At the time there were only nine Jewish families in Salisbury.
Beth Israel moved to its current building in 1951. In 2006 it was recognized by both the Wicomico County and Salisbury councils for 80 years of providing services and programs to "residents of the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland, Delaware and Virginia".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Synagogue website. Accessed August 29, 2009.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 About Us, Synagogue website. Accessed August 29, 2009.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wicomico County MD Council Minutes, June 20 2006.
- ↑ Glushakow, Abraham Dave. A Pictorial History of Maryland Jewry, Jewish Voice Publishing Company, 1955, p. 48.
- ↑ PDF (36.3 KB), #11 Meeting, June 12, 2006.
|This Maryland-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article about a synagogue or other Jewish place of worship is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|