Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Rabbi Benjamin Blech|
|Synagogue||Young Israel of Oceanside|
|Position||Professor of Talmud|
|Parents||Rabbi Benzion and Mrs. Gittel Blech|
|Children||Tamar Har-Oz, Yael Lubofsky, Jordana Klein and Ari Blech|
|Alma mater||Yeshiva University|
Rabbi Blech has been a Professor of Talmud at Yeshiva University since 1966, and was the Rabbi of Young Israel of Oceanside for 37 years. In addition to his work in the rabbinate, Rabbi Blech is a prolific author of books on Judaism and the Jewish people. He is also highly-regarded speaker, who has spoken on Jewish topics to communities around the world.
Rabbi Blech received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Yeshiva University, a Master of Arts degree in psychology from Columbia University, and rabbinic ordination from the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary.
Relationship with the Vatican
In January 2005, Rabbi Blech, along with Rabbis Barry Dov Schwartz and Jack Bemporad, became one of the first rabbis in history known to confer a blessing on a Pope, when they were invited by the Vatican to visit and bless Pope John Paul II at Clementine Hall in the Apostolic Palace.
- Blech, Benjamin (January 1991). Understanding Judaism: The Basics of Deed and Creed. KTAV. ISBN 9780876682913.
- Blech, Benjamin (January 1993). More Secrets of Hebrew Words: Holy Days and Happy Days. Jason Aronson. ISBN 9780876682234.
- Blech, Benjamin (December 1998). The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jewish History and Culture. Alpha. ISBN 9780028627113.
- Blech, Benjamin (June 1999). Your Name Is Your Blessing: Hebrew Names and Their Mystical Meanings. Jason Aronson. ISBN 9780765760531.
- Blech, Benjamin (August 1999). The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Judaism. Alpha. ISBN 9780028631912.
- Blech, Benjamin (January 2000). The Complete Idiot's Guide to Learning Yiddish. Alpha. ISBN 9780028633879.
- Blech, Benjamin (March 2003). Taking Stock: A Spiritual Guide to Rising Above Life's Financial Ups and Downs. Amacom Books. ISBN 9780814407875.
- Blech, Benjamin (September 2003). If God Is Good, Why Is The World So Bad?. Simcha Press. ISBN 9780757301230.
- Deutsch, Claudia H. "AT LUNCH WITH: Rabbi Benjamin Blech", "New York Times", 7 December 2003.
- My Encounter with the Pope, May 15, 2009
- ↑ RCA Member Biography http://www.rabbis.org/news/article.cfm?id=100638 Accessed 17 Aug 2008
- ↑ http://spider.mc.yu.edu/news/articles/article.cfm?id=100064 Accessed 17 August 2008
- ↑ "Largest Gathering of Jewish Leaders to Ever Meet With a Sitting Pope". http://www.pavethewayfoundation.org/Projects/MissionToVatican/PhotoPage2.htm. Retrieved 2008-10-23.
|This biographical article about a rabbi is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|