Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Ben Zion Halberstam (The Second)|
|Term||23 March 2005 – present|
|Full name||Ben Zion Aryeh Leibish Halberstam|
|Father||Shlomo Halberstam (The Second)|
|Wife||Rosa née Wachsman|
|Issue|| Chaim Shulem|
Avrohom Yehoshua Heshil
Ben Zion Aryeh Leibish Halberstam (בן ציון אריה לייבוש הלברשטאם) knows as "R' Ben Tzin", is the Grand Rabbi of the Bobov Hasidic movement. Born in 1955 to Grand Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam of Bobov, the third Bobover Rebbe, Rabbi Ben Zion Aryeh Leibish Halberstam is regarded by many as the Bobover Rebbe ( כ"ק אדמו"ר מבאבוב, שליט"א ).
Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam is presently Rabbi in the Bobover synagogue in Brooklyn.
Following the death of Grand Rabbi Naftali Zvi Halberstam in 2005, a dispute arose if Rabbi Mordechai Dovid Unger can also claim this title. A Beth Din is currently deciding this issue among other issues of the Bobover dispute.
Rebbes of Bobov
- Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam (The First) (1847 - 1905) grandson of the Sanzer Rebbe, Rabbi Chaim Halberstam
- Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam (The First) (1874 - 1941)
- Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam (The Second) (1907 - 2000)
- Rabbi Naftali Halberstam (1931 - 2005)
- Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam (The Second) (b. 1955) son of Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam
Disputed: Rabbi Mordechai Dovid Unger (b. 1954) son-in-law of Rabbi Naftali Halberstam
- Home Website of Bobov, of Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam
- Donate to Bobov, of Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam
- Kol Bobov: Bobover Music (Yiddish Site), of Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam
- Video Clips of Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam
- Video clips of Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam
- Video clips of Bobov, past and present
- Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam dancing the traditional "mitzva tantz at his daughter's wedding
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Ben Zion Halberstam (The Second). The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|