Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Government||Local council (from 1949)|
|Name meaning||Jacob's well|
|Also spelled||Be'er Ya'aqov (officially)|
|Area||8580 dunams (8.58 km2; 3.31 sq mi)|
|Head of municipality||Nissim Gozlan|
Be'er Ya'akov has an area of 8,580 dunams (~8.6 km²). In December 2006, it had a population of 9,400.Be'er Ya'akov was founded in 1907 by Jewish immigrants from Dagestan. It achieved local council status in 1949.
- Maccabi Be'er Ya'akov is the local football club.
- Maccabi Be'er Ya'akov B.C. is the local basketball club. playing in Liga Leumit, the second tier.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Table 3 - Population of Localities Numbering Above 1,000 Residents and Other Rural Population". Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. 2007-12-31. http://www.cbs.gov.il/population/new_2009/table3.pdf. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- ↑ "Local Authorities in Israel 2005, Publication #1295 - Municipality Profiles - Be'er Ya'akov" (in Hebrew). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. http://www.cbs.gov.il/publications/local_authorities2005/pdf/344_2530.pdf. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- ↑ HaReuveni, Immanuel (1999) (in Hebrew). Lexicon of the Land of Israel. Miskal - Yedioth Ahronoth Books and Chemed Books. p. 76. ISBN 965-448-413-7.