Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Clear, strategic thinking is necessary for every communication effort undertaken. It is not enough to simply “do” something anymore."- Barrie Doyle
Opinion articles written by Barrie Doyle
Barrie Doyle is President of Gateway Communications International. He provides public relations and media services to organizations as well as training through videos and seminars.
Barrie Doyle provides the following public relations and media services:
- Crisis Communications
- Editorial services
- Marketing Communications
- Media Relations
- Public affairs/government relations
- Special Event planning & Implantation
- Strategic Communications planning
Barrie Doyle is an experienced communications expert and professor. He believes in “Acts 17 thinking.” That is, ensuring that the key message of the gospel is communicated clearly to modern society in a manner they can most easily grasp.
He is a former journalist with the Toronto Star. Toronto Telegram and the Kitchener-Waterloo Record. He freelanced for a number of publications and broadcasters in the United States and Canada and lived and worked as a journalist in Washington D.C. covering the Watergate story and the return of US Vietnam prisoners of war.In his time as a journalist, Barrie has interviewed evangelist Billy Graham, US President Gerald Ford, Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, a number of NASA astronauts and officials, as well as entertainers Johnny Cash, Red Skelton and Pat Boone. He covered a wide variety of stories from a major Toronto air crash to the first manned landing on the moon to the Mississauga train disaster.
Barrie served 20 years in PR as the senior public relations executive for the Ontario Real Estate Association and Canon Canada Inc. before opening Gateway Communications International in 1993. As the Senior Manager Corporate Communications for Canon he was responsible for the launch of new products and a major environmental campaign as well as spearheading the company’s sponsorship of the 1994 Commonwealth Games in Victoria BC.
Barrie Doyle has made significant contributions to Canadian media. In 2005 Barrie founded the Good Words Expo an interdenominational Christian book expo and festival celebrating the variety, quality and breadth of Christian literature in Canada. He is author of the book "The Media and the Message: Communicating for Results" (ISBN:0-9731289-0-9)
Barrie Doyle became the Executive Director of 'Good Words and produced a family-oriented celebration of Christian literature in Canada on November 18, 2005 to November 19, 2005. The gathering was the first-ever such festival of its kind and was held at Bayview Glen Alliance Church in Toronto.
Books Written by Barrie Doyle
Doyle, BarrieThe Media and the Message: Communicating for Results.(ISBN:0-9731289-0-9) 2006
Articles Written by Barrie Doyle
- "Zed," Not "Zee" by Barrie Doyle. Published on Christianity.ca in 2004
- "Rich but Poor Coming from Africa" by Barrie Doyle Published on Christianity.ca on August 25, 2004
Barrie Doyle can be contacted via:
- Gateway Communications International web site
- [ blog]
- [ Facebook]
- [ MySpace]
Media Career Tips
Barrie Doyle recommends that
How to Help Barrie Doyle
You can help Barrie Doyle by
Worth Quoting from Barrie Doyle
Barrie Doyle made the following significant quotations:
- "quote goes here" -Barrie Doyle , date (Month Day 2009)
Accolades For Barrie Doyle
- "The Gateway Communications training was an excellent experience for our counselling staff. It provided useful tips and information in a fun and relaxed setting and really helped give our staff the confidence to act as Kids Help Phone spokespeople in any media situation." – Lindsay George, Manager, Communications, Kids Help Phone
- "Barrie Doyle was a teacher of mine who was outstanding in his teaching methods. He took time with me to make sure I understood all the concepts that were being covered, some of which I had great difficulty with. He always treated me with respect and dignity. Now as a colleague, Mr. Doyle is an absolute joy to work with. I am glad that I had him as a teacher, as much of my work ethic was learned from him. It is true, you never know who you will end up working with in the future."
-Amanda Moddejonge, Allan Bonner Communications Management Inc., Toronto, Ontario- October 11, 2006
Links from other sources about Barrie Doyle's arts, music or media ministry go here.
|This page uses content from Wikichristian.org. The original article was at Barrie Doyle. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of Wikichristian.org is available under the CC-BY-SA.|