Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Baltimore Book of Prayers |
|Published after its better-known sister work, the Baltimore Catechism, the so-called Baltimore Book of Prayers of the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore was a comprehensive collection of traditional prayers and devotions in the English language for use by American Catholics. Various matters of spiritual practice given in the Book of Prayers have been superseded by the Second Vatican Council and other Church reforms since the 1950s.|
| This work may need to be standardized using Wikisource's style guidelines.
If you'd like to help, please review the help pages.
A Manual of Prayers for the Use of the Catholic Laity
Prepared and Enjoined by Order of the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore
The Prayer Book ordered by the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore having been diligently compiled and examined, is hereby aproved. — James Card. Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore, Apostolic Delegate. Baltimore May 17, 1889.
- Movable Feasts, Tables of
- Days of Obligation and Devotion
- Christian Doctrine
- Christian Faith and Practice
- Morning Prayers (Office of Prime)
- Evening Prayers (Office of Compline)
- Instructions for Hearing Mass
- Devotions for Mass
- Prayers After Mass
- Serving A Priest at Mass
- Blessing of Water and Asperges
- The Ordinary of the Holy Mass
- The Canon of the Mass
- The Te Deum, etc.
- Occasional Prayers
- Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament
- Blessing of Children
- Seven Penitential Psalms
- Litany of the Saints
- Devotions for Confession
- Devotions for Communion
- Forty Hours Devotion
- Devotions to Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Way of the Cross
- Seven Words upon the Cross
- Rosary of B. V. M.
- Scapular (with form of Investing)
- Devotions to St. Joseph
- Devotions to St. Therese
- The Sacraments in General
- Holy Baptism
- Reception of Converts
- Matrimony—The Ceremony
- Churching of Women
- Devotions for the Sick
- The Holy Viaticum
- Extreme Unction
- Visitation of the Sick
- Last Blessing and Plenary Indulgence
- Burial of the Dead, Adults and Children
- Hymns and Sequences
- The Proper of the Mass