Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The third day of August.
- 435: Deposed Patriarch of Constantinople Nestorius, considered the originator of Nestorianism, was exiled by Byzantine Emperor Theodosius II to a monastery in Egypt.
- 1492: Christopher Columbus sets sail from Palos de la Frontera, Spain.
- 1604: John Eliot, English missionary (d. 1690)
- 1692: John Henley, English clergyman (d. 1759)
- 1901: Stefan Cardinal Wyszyński, Polish Catholic prelate (d. 1981)
- 1905: Franz Cardinal König, Austrian Catholic archbishop (d. 2004)
- 1922: Robert Sumner, American Baptist evangelist and author
- 1923: Shenouda III of Alexandria, Pope of the Coptic Christianity
- 1527: Scaramuccia Trivulzio, Italian cardinal
- 1528: Elizabeth Luther, daughter and second child of Martin Luther (born 1527)
- 1643: Brian Cansfield, English Jesuit priest, martyr
- Saint Abidon
- Saint Gamaliel
- Saint Nicodemus
- Translation of Saint Olaf of Norway, king, martyr (Norway)
- Saint Walthen, abbot of Melrose
- Invention of Saint Stephen (common; Paris, in green)
|This page uses content from Wikia's Christian Knowledge Base Wiki. The original article was at August 3. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of the Christian Knowledge Base Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA.|