Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The sixteenth day of August.
- 1327. Roch, French saint (b. 1295)
- 1661. Thomas Fuller, English churchman and historian (b. 1608)
- 2005. Frère Roger, Swiss monk and mystic (b. 1915)
- Saint Arnulph, bishop of Metz, Soissons, confessor (common)
- Saint Balsemius, martyr [Troyes]
- Translation ('vorheving') of Saint Bernward, bishop of Hildesheim, (deposition alse he starff)
- Translation of Saint Brinolph, bishop of Skara
- Saint Eonius, bishop of Arles
- Saint Frambald, abbot, confessor (Senlis)
- Saint Hyacinth, confessor (Dominicans)
- Translation of Saint Maurilius, bishop of Angers, confessor
- Saint Audomar, bishop of Thérouanne (Paris)
- Saint Roch, confessor (helps against plague and skin diseases), patron saint of pilgrims, plague victims, and dogs
- Saint Simplician, bishop
- Saint Stephen I of Hungary
- Saint Anne, Mother of Mary (Münster, Osnabrück)
- Commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople in 944
|This page uses content from Wikia's Christian Knowledge Base Wiki. The original article was at August 16. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of the Christian Knowledge Base Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA.|