Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
To atone is to make up for the past. More specifically, the word atonement refers to the sacrificial work of Christ for sinners. It refers to the state of being at one or being reconciled because of the death of Christ.
Explanations of the atonement of Christ
|This article is a stub. You can help Religion Wiki by.|
- Erroneous Theories of the Atonement by William W. Sasser
- Atonement of Christ by James Petigru Boyce
- Atonement, some basics, by Peter Leithart
- Atonement in Narrative Context, by Peter Leithart
- The Biblical Doctrine of the Atonement (many resources)
- God's Provision, Man's Need (includes a useful chart & glossary)
- Historical Opinions as to the Nature of Christ's Atoning Death by Gordon Olson (excellent brief overview)