Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 Sam 12:30 (crown worn by David weighed a talent of gold. See also: 1 Chr 20:2)
- Est 8:15 (Mordecai is dressed in a garment of fine linen and purple, with a great crown of gold)
- Psa 21:3 (David praises God for setting a crown upon his head)
- S of Solomon 3:11 (Solomon received his crown at the hand of his mother)
- Zech 6:11 (Zechariah is commanded in vision to craft a crown and place it on the head of Joshua ben Josedech. See also Zech 6:14)
Crowns also serve as a metaphor in the following references:
- Job 19:9 (Metaphorically, Job is stripped of glory and of a crown. See also: Job 31:36, where Job compares adversity to a crown )
- Prov 4:9 (Where wisdom is compared metaphorically with a crown of glory. See also, Prov 14:24, Prov 16:31)
- Prov 12:4 (Where the writer describes a virtuous woman as a crown to her husband)
- Prov 17:6 (Grandchildren are the crowns of old men)
- Isa 28:1 (Where the prophet condemns a crown of pride. See also Isa 28:3)
- Isa 28:5 (Isaiah prophesies that God will be a crown of glory and a diadem of beauty. See also Isa 62:3)
- Jer 13:18 (Jeremiah prophesies that Kings and queens will lose their crown of glory)
- Lam 5:16 (Jeremiah laments the destruction of Judah, prophesying that the crowns will fall from their heads)
- Eze 16:12 (Ezekiel speaks metaphorically, comparing the lost glory of Judah to a crown . See also Eze 21:26, Eze 23:42)
The word is also used as a girl's name.
- 1 Chron 2:26 ("Jerahmeel had another wife,whose name was Atarah; she was the mother of Onam"- NKJ Bible)
Today the decoration on the top of a tallit is known as an atarah.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Atarah. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|