The As-Sabiqun movement "is an Islamic movement/organization under the leadership of founder Imam Abdul Alim Musa. It is based in Washington, D.C., and has branches in Oakland, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, and Philadelphia...
"Ideologically, the group is influenced by the writings and life work of El-Hajj Malik Shabazz (Malcolm X), Maulana Mawdudi, Shaikh ‘Uthman dan Fodio, Hasan al-Banna, Sayyid Qutb, Kalim Siddiqui, Imam Khomeini, and others." 
"Carrying on the torch lit by El-Hajj Malik Shabazz (Malcolm X) and past homegrown Islamic movements such as the Darul Islam movement and the Islamic Party of North America, As-Sabiqun aspires to:
- make Islam a living force by challenging and breaking the grasp of social and political forces seeking *to suppress and destroy the Deen.
- obliterate the hold of jahiliyyah through moral and spiritual development.
- establish Islamic homes and build model communities where Islam is lived.
- work toward total economic independence.
- stand up against those who oppress Muslims and all other human beings across the globe as well as the earth and Allah's creation itself."