Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This biography of a living person does not cite any references or sources. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living people that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately. (April 2009) Find sources: ( – )|
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba
Four of his plays have been filmed and he is considered one of Brazil's greatest living playwrights. He is also an important regional writer doing various novels set in the Northeast of Brazil. He received an honorary doctorate at a ceremony performed at a circus. He is the author of, among other works, the "Auto da Compadecida" and "A Pedra do Reino". He is a staunch defender of the culture of the Northeast, and his works deal with the popular culture of the Northeast.
- Auto da Compadecida, (1959);
- O Castigo da Soberba, (1960);
- O Casamento Suspeitoso, (1961);
- Uma Mulher Vestida de Sol, (1964);
- O Rico Avarento, (1964);
- O Santo e a Porca, (1964);
- Pena e a Lei, (1974);
- Alto da Boa Preguiça, (1982).
- A Pedra do Reino e o Príncipe do Sangue do Vai-e-Volta, (1971).
- História d'O Rei Degolado nas caatingas do sertão: ao sol da Onça Caetana, (1977).