Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apostolic may refer to:
- The Twelve Apostles of Jesus, or something related to them, such as the Church of the Apostles
- Apostolic succession, the doctrine connecting the Christian Church to the original Twelve Apostles
- The Apostolic Fathers, the earliest generation of post-Biblical Christian writers
- The Apostolic Age, the period of Christian history when Jesus' apostles were living
- The Apostolic Constitutions, part of the Ante-Nicene Fathers collection.
Specific to the Roman Catholic Church:
- Apostolic Administrator, appointed by the Pope to an apostolic administration or a diocese without a bishop
- Apostolic Camera, or "Apostolic Chamber", former department of finance for Papal administration
- Chancery of Apostolic Briefs, a historical office charged with preparation of Papal correspondence
- Apostolic constitution, a public decree issued by the Pope
- Apostolic Palace, the residence of the Pope in Vatican City
- Apostolic prefect, the head of a mission of the Roman Catholic Church
- An Apostolic See is any episcopal see whose foundation is attributed to one or more of the Apostles.
- Apostolic vicariate, a territorial jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Church
Other churches and religious movements:
- Apostolic, Pentecostal, Oneness
- Armenian Apostolic Church, also known as the Armenian Orthodox Church, the national church of Armenia
- Apostolic Brethren, a 13th-century sect in northern Italy
- Apostolic Catholic and Spiritual Church, an independent Old Catholic Church of the Utrecht Succession
- Apostolic Christian Church, an anabaptist branch of Christianity
- Apostolic Church (denomination), an Evangelical Pentecostal denomination founded in 1916 in the United Kingdom
- Apostolic Johannite Church, a Gnostic church claiming apostolic succession
- Catholic Apostolic Church, a millenarian religious community, related to the Irvingism movement
- International Circle of Faith
- New Apostolic Church, a chiliastic church
- Oneness Pentecostalism, a large Christian grouping who assert a different doctrine of the Trinity to Evangelical churches
- Primitive Apostolic Christianity (Sabbatarian)
- Apostolic poverty, a doctrine professed in the 13th century by certain religious orders