The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Philologos (also Philologus) is numbered among the Seventy Apostles, and is commemorated with them on January 4. He is also commemorated on November 5 together with Ss. Patrobas, Hermas, Linus, and Gaius.
- Holy apostle Philologus of the Seventy;
- Entreat the merciful;
- To grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
- The Church ever sees you as a shining star, O apostle Philologus,
- Your miracles have manifested great enlightenment.
- Therefore we cry out to Christ:
- "Save those who with faith honor Your apostle, O Most Merciful One."