Annie Laurie Gaylor (born in Tomah, Wisconsin on 2 November 1955) is co-founder of the Freedom From Religion Foundation and, with her husband Dan Barker, is the current co-president. She is also editor of the organization's newspaper, Freethought Today, which is published ten times per year. She is the author of several books, including Woe to the Women: The Bible Tells Me So, Betrayal of Trust: Clergy Abuse of Children, and Women Without Superstition: "No Gods — No Masters." She is a 1980 graduate of the University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Journalism.
Gaylor and her mother, Anne Nicol Gaylor, and the late John Sontarck, founded the Freedom From Religion Foundation in a meeting around the Gaylors' dining room table in 1978. She met Barker at an Oprah Winfrey show in 1984. They began dating six months later and married in 1987. Gaylor said that they were "kindred non-spirits".
Gaylor co-hosts a one hour weekly radio show with Barker. Freethought Radio was launched on 2007-10-06 on Air America. Her publishing on women and religion has inspired much of the organization Atheist Feminism.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "The Atheists' Calling". Wisconsin State Journal. February 25, 2007. http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?ref=/wsj/2007/02/25/0702240507.php. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- ↑ Donaldson-Evans, Catherine (2007-10-10). "Atheist Radio Show Goes National on Air America". FOX News Network, LLC. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300719,00.html. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
Books by Gaylor
- Gaylor, Annie Laurie (1981). Woe to the women, the Bible tells me so: The Bible, female sexuality & the law. Freedom From Religion Foundation. ISBN 1877733024.
- Gaylor, Annie Laurie (1986). It can't happen here?. Complimentary Copy Press. ASIN B0007259PM.
- Gaylor, Annie Laurie (1987). Two reviews: Encyclopedia of unbelief. Complimentary Copy Press. ASIN B000729OJY.
- Gaylor, Annie Laurie (1988). Betrayal of trust: Clergy abuse of children. Freedom From Religion Foundation. ASIN B0006ER83W.
- Gaylor, Annie Laurie (Editor) (1997). Women Without Supersitition: "No Gods--No Masters". Freedom From Religion Foundation. ASIN B000V8LIOS.
|This article related to atheism is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|